Lower Your Energy Bills With These Conservation Tips
At Coan Oil, our top priority is to provide you with high-quality heating and cooling services. Coming in as a very close second, is to make sure you save as much of your hard-earned money as possible. These tips can help increase the efficiency of your equipment and lower your energy bills all year-round. The best part about these tips is that many of them can be done very simply and at little to no cost!
- Wash clothes in the coolest water possible. 80% of the cost to run your washer is used for heating the water.
- Keep your oven door closed to prevent your cooking temperature from dropping as much as 25 degrees. Use the oven light or a timer to avoid wasting energy.
- Take showers instead of baths. A five-minute shower will use about 7.5 gallons of hot water, while filling a bathtub can use up to 20 gallons.
- Dry laundry in back-to-back loads – your dryer retains heat from the previous load.
- Install dimmers and motion sensors wherever possible. This helps eliminate unnecessary electrical usage.
- Install a programmable thermostat. When used properly, it can save up to $100 in annual energy costs.
- Use compact fluorescent lights. Compact fluorescent lights last up to 13 times longer than standard bulbs and use 75% less energy.
- Clean refrigerator coils once a year to extend the life of your fridge.