Tick Tock: It’s Tune-Up Time!
Like the clock face itself, time is cyclical. We’re thankful for that here at Coan Heating & Cooling, especially when springtime comes back around. Of course, that also means it’s time to get reacquainted with your air conditioner after months of relying on your heating system. The best way to do that is to schedule a tune-up performed by an expert Coan HVAC technician. You might call it… “tune-up time!” A cooling system tune-up before the warm weather is here to stay will give you the following advantages:
- Your system is much less likely to break down: If there is in fact a nascent problem within your unit’s components, our techs will locate and correct it.
- Your system will run more efficiently: Tune-ups promote smoother operation, and in turn, less energy spent.
- Your equipment will last longer: Your air conditioner will enter the cooling season with a “clean bill of health,” minimizing risk of small irregularities on Memorial Day turning into big problems before Labor Day.
However, if last summer’s scorching weather burned some serious holes in your air conditioner’s output, or if your current system is over ten years old, it may be time for an upgrade. The following indicators can be used to determine if you need an upgrade:
- Strange sounds: An air conditioner shouldn’t operate at a volume above a hush. If you hear clinking and clanking, something’s up.
- Strange odors: For most people, this one’s hard to miss. If a pungent or foul smell comes from your air conditioning vents, it could mean there’s mold inside your unit or ductwork which must be taken care of immediately.
- Uneven cold air or no cold air: If you notice the living room is cool but the kitchen feels like a sauna, there’s either an operational malfunction, a blockage, or a thermostat problem to blame. Similarly, count no cold air at all as an indicator of a problem!
If it’s time for an AC upgrade, Coan’s got you covered. We sell and install central air conditioners, ductless heat pumps, high-velocity mini-split air conditioners and other cooling systems by manufacturers including Mitsubishi Electric, Carrier, Lennox and Unico. With so many great options to check out, from Carrier’s super-efficient variable speed units to Mitsubishi’s affordable ductless series, you’re sure to find the equipment that will meet this year’s (and every year’s) cooling needs.
Contact Coan Heating & Cooling today to schedule your tune-up or to check out your next air conditioning unit.