Tips for Keeping Your Home Warmer in Winter
It’s a little known fact that the average home wastes as much as 10% of its home heating energy on easy-to-fix air leaks. We don’t want this to happen to you! With that in mind, please take a look at these simple DIY winterization tips that can help keep your heated air inside the home where it belongs:
- Remember to take down any window air conditioning units
- Caulk and weather-strip around doors and windows
- Cover your kitchen exhaust fan when not in use
- Install foam gaskets behind outlet and switch plates
- Check your attic hatch, plumbing vents, recessed lights and wiring holes for any additional air leaks, and apply a little bit of caulk to any holes ½” or less
Looking for additional ways to save energy this winter? Consider a heating system upgrade! Not only will you save 40% on heating costs, but through the Mass Save program you can earn up to $750 in rebates when you upgrade before December 31.
If you’d like more advice, then talk to the conservation experts at Coan Oil and don’t forget to schedule your heating system tune-up, which can lower your annual energy costs by up to 5%! Contact us today to learn more!