What Causes Poor Indoor Air Quality and How to Fight it
The popular phrase “knowing is half the battle” can be applied to many situations, and it’s especially true when it comes to the quality of air inside your home. With the addition of dry, cold air, the winter can be one of the greatest enemies of indoor air quality. Not to worry, however, because Coan Oil is here to help you figure out what affects the air quality in your home, and how you can defend your home against household pollutants.
Sources of Pollutants in the Home
- Combustion sources, such as oil, gas, kerosene, coal, and wood. Any appliance that utilizes these should be properly maintained and vented to allow for safe operation
- Household cleaning products, such as air fresheners and bleach, as well as personal care products, can contribute to poor indoor air quality
- Home improvement related materials, such as paint, varnish, adhesives and anything that produces fumes can be a detriment to the air inside your home, and your family’s health
- Outdoor sources, including pesticides, pollen, and other pollutants can be tracked by people or pets into the home
- Animal dander is a common cause of allergy flare-ups and asthma attacks for sensitive individuals.
Remedies for Poor Indoor Air Quality
At Coan Oil, we enlist the help of one of the industry’s top manufacturers of indoor air quality products, Aprilaire®. Take a look at the equipment we have available for you!
Air Cleaners help rid your home of dust, pet dander, mold spores, pollen, bacteria, and much more. Whenever your heating equipment runs, the air cleaner is working hard to filter the air that’s being circulated into your home.
Humidifiers take dry winter air out of the equation completely by reintroducing moisture through your home heating system. The proper balance of humidity in your home makes you feel more comfortable at lower temperatures.
Ventilation systems take stale, polluted indoor air and swaps it with fresh air to minimize the strain on your heating system.
Now that you know what could cause poor indoor air quality in your home, get started with bolstering your home’s defenses against it! Call or contact us online today to learn more.