Save on Energy Costs this Spring!
The spring season is almost upon us! As we look forward to hanging up our winter coats and turning down our thermostats, the start of spring is also a fresh opportunity for you to save money on your energy bills. We know that using Bioheat® Fuel promotes more energy-efficient heating in the winter, but what can you do to limit energy costs in the spring?
Here are a few spring-time energy tips.
- Open your windows: Avoid turning on your air conditioning and naturally cool your home by opening the windows and letting the air inside.
- Use ceiling fans: Cooling your home with ceiling fans instead of air conditioning will help lower your electricity bill.
- Schedule a heating or cooling system tune-up: Annual tune-ups and maintenance will help improve the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems when it comes time to use them.
- Use window treatments: Energy-efficient blinds and shades can block out sunlight and reduce heat inside your home when temperatures rise.
- Replace weather stripping: A newly sealed window will help to keep the warm air outside and the cool air in.
- Consider upgrading: Energy-efficient heating upgrades can earn you $600 or more in tax credits.